Running a Regatta?
Here is some useful assistance. You will need to comply with the laws pertaining to events as laid out in the Act. Depending on the size of the regatta, number of competitors, number of spectators and the area it covers, different parameters will need to be achieved before you will be permitted to host the event.
You will need some or all of the following:
- Disaster Plan for Regattas
- Police clearance to host the event
- A venue
- An Organising Committee
- An Invitation to participate to be sent to prospective clubs
- Accommodation or recommendations thereof for athletes and officials
- Water rescue (if it is a water regatta)
- Land Paramedics
- A Regatta Program
- A list of events
- A Public Address System
- Officials Equipment
- Ablutions and refuse removal